Your privacy and trust are important to us. This Privacy Statement explains who we are, what personal information we collect, why we collect this information and how we use and protect it. This Statement refers to all information we collect and that we could use to personally identify you. We encourage you to read this Privacy Statement. In case you have any questions, we are happy to answer them. You can find our contact at the very end of this document.
This Privacy Statement applies to all personal information we collect about you. For instance, when you:
- visit our website;
- purchase or use our products, solutions, applications or services;
- contact customer support; and
- request information specific to your interests.
Who we are
ELECTRICBLUE, CRL is a technology transfer start-up developing electronic instruments to help the scientific community address large-scale issues related to climate change, ecology and biodiversity loss through application of innovative tools for environmental monitoring and bio-logging.
What types of personal information do we collect?
We may process various types of personal information we receive from you depending on the ways you interact with us (e.g. through our website portal, customer support, our apps, etc.). They include the following:
- Name and last name;
- E-mail address, address, phone number, fax, country;
- Bank account information;
- Tax paying number;
- Reviews, feedback, comments;
- IP address, MAC address of the devices you use to interact with us;
- Your actual or assumed location (determined by the information mentioned above);
- Information related to your interests (products or services that you are visiting on our website platforms);
- Information related to your requests for information, requests for support and your transactions with us; and
- Cookies preferences.
Why do we collect your personal information?
Depending on who you are, we may collect personal information for different purposes, such as:
- performance and execution of contracts;
- direct marketing;
- providing customer support;
- responding to requests;
- compliance with legal obligations; and
- security and maintenance reasons.
EnvLogger Viewer-specific permissions
Both versions of the EnvLogger Viewer app (Android and iOS) require permissions to access several features of your smartphone.
Permission to enable Near Field Communication (NFC) is mandatory, as this is the only way for the app to communicate with EnvLoggers. This permission only affects the ability to communicate using NFC, and it does not result in access to any personal data.
Regarding location information, the app also asks for the enabling of access to GPS information. By allowing this the geographical coordinates of your location will be appended to the log file whenever downloading temperature data from an EnvLogger. This is not mandatory (if not enabled Lat and Long fields will not be populated), but is highly recommended as location information can be extremely useful later to identify the origin of log files. Location information is only stored locally in log files and is not shared with us at any point.
Additionally, the app may also request access to the internal memory of your smartphone. This is mandatory since without that permission log files cannot be saved to the smartphone while downloading data from EnvLoggers.
Cookies are files with a small amount of data that are commonly used as anonymous unique identifiers. These are sent to your browser from the websites that you visit and are stored on your device's internal memory.
Although we do not use “cookies” explicitly, we may use third party code and libraries that use “cookies” to collect information and improve their services. In that case, however, you will have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies and know when a cookie is being sent to your device. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our services.
When do we share your information with third parties?
We do not share, sell or license your personal information to third parties.
How do we safeguard your personal information?
We recognize our responsibility to protect the personal information we collect. We make sure that our measures are in compliance with applicable data protection and data security laws. We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures to prevent risks, such as accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to information. Additionally, we make sure that these measures are in compliance with applicable data protection and data security laws. For instance, we put in place the following measures in order protect your information:
- limiting physical access to our premises;
- limiting access to personal information (for instance, only employees on a need to know basis have access to your personal information);
How long do we retain your information?
We retain your personal information as long as it is necessary to fulfil the specific purposes, as explained under the above section “Why we collect your personal information”. In certain cases a longer retention of your personal information might be required according to legal obligations. In all other cases, we delete your personal information once the purpose of processing your information is fulfilled.
Which are your rights?
According to applicable data protection laws, you have the right to:
- Access, modify or delete your personal information (unless it is legally required to retain the information).
- Restriction of or objection to the processing activity of your information.
- Request a copy of your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Pose any questions related to your personal information and its protection.
Updates to this Statement
In order to stay compliant with applicable legal requirements, we will review and/or may modify this Privacy Statement at any time. The current version of this Privacy Statement is always available at www.electricblue.eu/privacy.
Concerns and complaint
If you are concerned about the way we process your personal information, please contact us and we will investigate your concern. You will receive a written response within a reasonable period. You also have the right to make a formal complaint to the relevant regulator in your jurisdiction.